26.10.09

curcol



came home after a long day of working.
i didn't even see the sunset. just knew it from the darken shadow through the widows.
i saw my mom and dad had fallen a sleep.
what a scene.

mom, who'd just hospitalized looked so pale and powerless. and dad who laid down not far from her seemed so peace and soundly.
they looked like two people hold on tight to the promise they made thirty years ago. of being "together in sickness and health, till death do as apart."

what did i miss?
so much..
that i cried in silence.

three years ago, when i let go my master degree, my dream of becoming a lecturer, and went back to my hometown. i made promise to spend more time with my parents.
but now, i keep busy mending my own business. i work from dawn till dusk.
when i'm home, i still busy doing my office tasks.
i barely spend time just to talk about my day with mom and dad.

what did i miss?
a lot...
that i'm thinking of quitting the job.

i will never have enough time to pay back all they gave to me
i will never have enough money to buy even just a second of our time together

"If today was your last day
Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars
Regardless of who you are

So do whatever it takes
'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life
Let nothing stand in your way
'Cause the hands of time are never on your side"

-Nickelback: If Today Was Your Last Day-

(click to listen)



love you mom&dad
-dwizan-

No comments:

Post a Comment