26.9.09

Waterloo, I love U



watching the ultimate battle of waterloo.
wondering why should there be war. an ancient way, yet still be the "great" choice by anyone to reach the goal of nothing up until now.
there were, are, and will be so much sorrow, sadness, misery, left from the battle.
huge lost, massive destruction, unbearable pain, millions of nightmares.

Waterloo, battlefield of Napoleon and Wellington. Just like another battle.
i'm not in willing to discuss about the battle. it's too dark.
i'm just going to spread the dim light that Napoleon had. His love.
even the one who had great passion on war, had a room in his heart to feel the magic of love.



Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine De Beauharnais 

I wake filled with thoughts of you. Your portrait and the intoxicating evening which we spent yesterday have left my senses in turmoil.
Sweet incomparable Josephine, what a strange effect you have on my heart!
Are you angry?
Do I see you looking sad? Are you worried? ...
My soul aches with sorrow, and there can be no rest for your lover; but is there still more in store for me when, yielding to the profound feelings which overwhelm me, I draw from your lips, from your heart a love which consumes me with fire? Ah! it was last night that I fully realized how false an image of you your portrait gives!
You are leaving at noon; I shall see you in three hours.
Until then, mio dolce amor, a thousand kisses; but give me none in return, for they set my blood on fire.

Bonaparte


(retrieved from: http://www.links2love.com/love_letters_14.htm)


No comments:

Post a Comment